Travelling Alone

This past weekend I decided to take a trip to State College, Pennsylvania. The motivation behind taking the trip was to see my grandparents who have a house there. It has been about a year and a half since I have last seen them and I realized I had a great opportunity to see them. I had planned the trip about three weeks ago and it was the first trip I had ever fully planned. My plane left Friday afternoon and landed in State College in the evening. It was the first time I ever flew in a smaller sized plane that only has two seats per row. I felt like royalty once we landed because we walked out of the plane instead of the typical ramp they use in other airports. My grandparents spoiled me to a Penn State wrestling match in the evening which would become the first wrestling match I had ever watched. The next day was the main event where my Grandma would treat me to the Penn State vs Maryland football game. Penn State came into the game ranked while Maryland did not. It was a lot of fun to watch the game despite there being constant drizzling rain for most of it. We ended up winning in a blowout and all of our players played very well. Sunday was my time to rest and catch up with how my Grandparents were doing. It was nice to know that all was well with them and that they are still healthy. I would leave the next day in the afternoon and I got back to Ohio Northern later in the night. It is important to plan these vacations because we never know when we will have another opportunity to do it. Our days are numbered so we should at least spend them with the people we love.


Comments

  1. Covid made it hard to see a lot of family the past couple years and I have some family I'd love to catch up with like you did. Sounds like you had a great trip filled with some cool experiences.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The End

Approaching the Final Stretch

Cancelled Out