The Worst Month

Today marks the beginning of the worst month. I enjoy all months of the year and try to make the most of every day, but there is something about October that makes it far worse than any other month. To begin with, October is usually the first month where a cold front takes over Ada, Ohio. I enjoy fall weather as much as the next person, but Ada generally gets about two to three weeks less of fall weather compared to other areas of Ohio. This past week we already have been exposed to the low fifties and high forties in the morning. It will only be a couple more weeks until this becomes the typical afternoon weather. 

October is primarily famous for containing the holiday loved by many, Halloween. It comes at the end of the month on October 31st, which is ironic as it is one of the only good parts of October. There are some other exciting things that come from October which are the competitive games in college football. During this month, the toughest games usually are scheduled which impact the schools the most. This makes every Saturday very fun to watch as the stakes are raised each week. Another positive aspect of October is that it is one month away from some of the best times of the year. We are only one month and a half away from Thanksgiving and eighty-five days away from Christmas.



Comments

  1. Hey Max, I hate the cold. Sometimes I wonder why I even try to face the tundra when the temperature drops. However, I do like Halloween because it does start a string of holidays to end the year. I am excited for October and what is coming up, even if it gets cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel cold enough even it is stil fall. I don't like the temperature in the morning and evening. However, I'm really excited for Halloween becasue it will be the start of special events in a year. Fall break, thanks giving, and christmas will come soon! I hope you will enjoy October as well as other months!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can agree with the statement that Ada does find colder temperatures quicker than other places, but I still love the fall festivities. I even appreciate the cold weather when I am outside playing soccer! I hope you find positive reasoning to enjoy October!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The End

Approaching the Final Stretch

Cancelled Out