The Best Break

This past weekend has been one of the best weekends I can remember. Following eight weeks of diligent work and consistent assignments, the polar bears made it to their first break. Although fall break is the shortest of all the breaks throughout the school year, I was lucky enough to make the most of it. I started my break last Friday around noon as I started my trip to the Columbus airport. I was able to make it on my flight on time and landed in Nashville, Tennessee in the evening. My Mom and brothers picked me up and we departed to Gatlinburg, Tennessee. We made a few stops along the way as we stopped at Buc-ees, one of the largest gas stations in the country. We would arrive at Gatlinburg the next morning and spend the whole day exploring. I was able to cross off many bucket list items such as petting a penguin! We also walked the main strip of Gatlinburg which had many similarities to a boardwalk strip at a beach. There were shops everywhere and their products were mainly for tourists and those visiting. In the evening, we took a trip up Anakeesta which is a sky lift that took us on top of one of the mountains. They had one of the best ice cream shops up there and we were lucky enough to see a great sunset while eating it. On Sunday, we took a trip to one of the outlet malls and shopped for the afternoon. There was a go-kart track right next to the mall and my brothers and I spent a couple hours there. In the evening, we visited Dollywood and walked around the park. They had a special event where they lit up the entire park with Halloween decorations. We left Gatlinburg the following morning and headed to Knoxville, Tennessee to visit the University of Tennessee. I was able to see one of my good friends for his birthday as well as take a tour of the college of business. We left in the evening and made it back to Nashville, Tennessee at night. I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to spend the entire break with my family and have a great amount of fun. I am refreshed and ready to be back in Ada to start the final eight weeks of the semester. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End

Approaching the Final Stretch

Cancelled Out