Weekend Reconnect

The weekends in Ada have progressively gotten more eventful and fun. This week the tundra was filled with parents and siblings of students for Ohio Northern' s annual Parent and Sibling Day. Unfortunately, my family was unable to come up and join in on the fun event. That did not stop me from enjoying some of the festivities such as the festival on Main Street. There were pop-up stores lined all the way down Main Street and they were a lot of fun to check out. I did not end of getting anything from these stores, but I can see the importance these stores had on the residents of Ada. I was able to gain a bigger appreciation of Ada as I was able to see much of the community join together for this festival. 

I also enjoyed the weekend as I was able to reconnect with many friends and family from Nashville. I spent much of the day hearing about my friends' adventures at Ole Miss and University of Tennessee, and I shared my vastly different experience here. I also was able to speak to my family and see how our dog, Coco, has been doing. It is a great feeling to feel like I am home, although I am seven hours away. It is easy to look past our blessings of friends and family. I am grateful to be able to spend time with them despite being physically distant. 




Comments

  1. I enjoyed the event on Main Street as well even though I wasn’t able to see my parents and siblings. The day of family and siblings sounds interesting to me because there is no such day in my home country. At ONU, most of the students live apart from their families so the day and celebration were really meaningful and it looked so fun. Also, I’m happy to hear you could spend a nice time with your friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Main street was cool to see shut down. However, it was annoying it made it very hard to get around Ada. Our charter bus was on the little side rides and I thought it was going to wreck. I can only imagine what stories your friends had to tell you. I do not think Ada can compare with those two massive schools. I am glad you got to see your dog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The End

Approaching the Final Stretch

Cancelled Out