Cancelled Out

This week I was able to explore my ability to host a podcast show. The amount of creativity needed to create a quality podcast allowed me to respect the people who make a living out of them. They are not as easy as simply recording yourself and posting it, despite how much the public thinks it so. I enjoyed being able to call a connection of mine who I have known from Nashville, Tennessee. She has many years of experience with social media and devoted her college years to studying it. Her name is Rosalyn Wells and she was thrilled to be a part of this. The amount of prep that goes into the show before we even began is something I did not expect. I went into this project thinking there would be a small outline and then you would just talk for five minutes. I realized that if you were to create a quality product, then you need to spend as much time needed to get it right. The outline and collaboration with Rosalyn was humbling as she was able to teach me over the effects of social media on businesses. Once the show was ready to begin, the easy part came next which was simply to hold a conversation. The post show editing was one of the more enjoyable parts of this project as I was able to make my podcast my own. Once the final project was finished, I felt accomplished and confident that, with enough time invested, I could produce a high quality podcast.

Show notes:

In this episode, we discuss the serious reality in the business world that comes with the creation of cancel culture. We bring in a special guest, Rosalyn Wells, who has a background of social media expertise to help showcase the effects it has on businesses. 

NYT: Cleveland’s Baseball Team Will Drop Its Indians Team Name

NYT: Redskins’ #BlackOutTuesday tweet prompts calls to change team name

FORBES: Why Brands Need To Pay Attention To Cancel Culture


Here is the link to watch:

https://mcdn.podbean.com/mf/web/pazw89/Project_1624i9.mp3


Comments

  1. Hey Max, I didn't fully understand how much work it takes to put out a podcast. I spent at a minimum of 3 hours putting my podcast together. I cannot even imagine all the time professionals put into their shows. I hope you enjoyed podcasting as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Max, to echo both you and Cade, I was amazed at the effort taking a podcast took. I was prepared to get it wrapped up in a couple of hours, but ended up putting a ton of time into the production of the audio. Looking forward to listening in!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The End

Approaching the Final Stretch